Peacepipe 2013 Description
The 115mm waist and 18m turn radius provide the best planing and turn shape for actually carving turns in powder and soft spring velvet (waist on size 179 is 112mm; size 169 is 110mm). The Pow Camber has the most early rise and reverse sidecut in the tip for effortless, catch-free skiing in all snow conditions, even heavy crud. The Razor Cut Sidecut gives this wide ski incredible edge grip on the hardest snow. The full vertical bamboo core makes the ski feel more rock solid and energetic than any other construction.
RAMP Sports uses an innovative new way to print graphics directly onto the raw wood material. This was an "impossibility" according to product experts. We invented a process to prove them wrong, and in turn, our top sheets look painted, like fine artwork. Each print is slightly different in color and dimension from the other, meaning you get a genuine handmade gem. We stand behind our graphic sublimation process. Our "Love It or Leave It" warranty is there for your satisfaction, and we are confident you'll love your new, unique handmade-in-America ski. Enjoy.
- The perfect Ski Patrol ski by Kyler Roush
The skis worked amazing well for a patrol work ski. Being required to ski anywhere and everywhere no matter the conditions calls for a do-it-all pair of skis. I can't go to my locker and switch pairs of skis because I have to go ski through frozen avi debris to go help someone. I have to make do with what I have.
The flat tails make for a really responsive ski that you know exactly how it will behave in turns unlike some skis that are so rockered out that you are slarving all over. The slight rise in tail was just the right amount. I spend a lot of time zig-zagging forward and back working on rope lines and a completely flat tail would have constantly been digging into the snow as I ski backwards, but not so much that I would be slarving around as mentioned before. Another great benefit to the tail was patient comfort, I have been in toboggans for training when the patroler in front has massively turned up tails raining snow down my face and neck while my arms are strapped down and I'm in a C-collar helplessly freezing, whereas flat tails don't freeze our patients in a torrent of snow.
As I have mentioned before the Peacepipes are advertised as a Big Mountain Powder ski, which they are, but they are a carving ski, powder ski, frozen chunder ski, charging-big-mountain ski and everything else in between bundled into one package. (Posted on 5/1/13)
- I love the Peacepipes by Kyler Roush
I love the Peacepipes. They are my daily go-to ski for ALL conditions. Even ice. I have been extremely impressed with their handling on varied terrain from: steep, to mellow, wide open to tight trees.
The construction of the ski seems top notch and high quality. Many patrolers' skis are core shotted from tip to tail. I have little more than minor scraps and scratches. I look at it as "natural base structure."
The bamboo over time has worn its self smooth and rounded on the edges where the skis chatter together. I am pleased that it smoothed its self out rather than breaking and peeling off long splinters. The sublimated top sheet is top notch. I constantly receive compliments on the "awesome top sheet." I think the graphics have maybe faded slightly but I would find that to be expected being sublimated instead of a sheet of plastic.
I honestly couldn't be happier with the ski and constantly am directing people into looking into RAMP skis and boards. (Posted on 3/11/13)
- My dream ski by Marc Nadeau
- My dream ski—ski this ski everyday. I can take this ski out on the groomers and can rail it and feel comfortable; this ski can rail turns on the hardest snowpack. This ski has no boundaries; it chews up the crud and floats the pow, slices though the trees and flows through untouched powder stashes. I Love these skis. (Posted on 2/25/13)
- RAMP PeacePipes - SUPER by JSenew
- I skied them for the first time Jan 31st at Alta in fresh powder. SUPER. Just fantastic. At speed = stable. In crud, they charged. Bump: beautiful. Quick turning. (these are so good, that I just sold my Volkl Katanas and Salomon Rocker2s) These are already one of my all-time favorite ski ! ! ! (Posted on 2/7/13)
- Gorgeous by D-Wreck
- Forgot to add that the graphics on these, and the ski as a whole, are easily one of the most beautiful skis I've ever seen. I almost felt bad putting my old, beat-up Dukes on them. Gorgeous! (Posted on 1/5/13)
- Super solid! by D-Wreck
- I mounted these up with Marker Dukes an inch forward from the recommend mounting point. They seemed too stiff at first, but with the soft, forgiving tips they balance out. Really reliable landing gear for big drops and fast lines. I could not find a top speed, and even at high speeds they respond very quickly. Step into these and get ready to CHARGE! (Posted on 1/5/13)
- RAMP Peacepipe | Ski Review by KYLER ROUSH
I mounted my Peacepipes on RAMPs recommended mounting point with a pair of Look Pivots. The thing that struck me first was the seemingly absence of camber, only 12mm, where I was used to skis with much more. When I started to do the classic ski stiffness test my eyes lit up at how stiff of a ski the Peacepipe is. However it also has a softer tip to make the ski more forgiving in chopped up crud.
I have been skiing on my Peacepipes for several weeks now in all conditions that Mother Nature and The Great Ullr can throw at us with impressive results in all. The Peacepipes are built for speed and love to go fast. Even at high speeds on groomed runs they stay perfectly stable but will still initiate a sharp turn at your beck and call.
More detailed review here:
http://unofficialnetworks.com/ramp-peacepipe-ski-review-114432/ (Posted on 1/3/13)
- Perfect for crushing the Steep and Deep by @jstorrs
- Looking for the perfect ski for the Rockies? This is it! I have used mine now 10 days at Jackson Hole and have loved them. Weither you want to nuke down groomers or flow through a foot of fresh these have become my ski of choice. (Posted on 1/2/13)
- best pow ski by c_lodi
- My Peacepipes are my favorite Powder Skis! (Posted on 1/2/13)
- Solid/Burly/Responsive/ KILLER GRAPHICS by Ski Bum Poet
- http://www.skibumpoet.com/skiing/ramp-ski-review-peacepipes/ (Posted on 12/25/12)