Peacepipe 2013 Description
The 115mm waist and 18m turn radius provide the best planing and turn shape for actually carving turns in powder and soft spring velvet (waist on size 179 is 112mm; size 169 is 110mm). The Pow Camber has the most early rise and reverse sidecut in the tip for effortless, catch-free skiing in all snow conditions, even heavy crud. The Razor Cut Sidecut gives this wide ski incredible edge grip on the hardest snow. The full vertical bamboo core makes the ski feel more rock solid and energetic than any other construction.
RAMP Sports uses an innovative new way to print graphics directly onto the raw wood material. This was an "impossibility" according to product experts. We invented a process to prove them wrong, and in turn, our top sheets look painted, like fine artwork. Each print is slightly different in color and dimension from the other, meaning you get a genuine handmade gem. We stand behind our graphic sublimation process. Our "Love It or Leave It" warranty is there for your satisfaction, and we are confident you'll love your new, unique handmade-in-America ski. Enjoy.
- RAMP PeacePipes - SUPER by JSenew
- I skied them for the first time Jan 31st at Alta in fresh powder. SUPER. Just fantastic. At speed = stable. In crud, they charged. Bump: beautiful. Quick turning. (these are so good, that I just sold my Volkl Katanas and Salomon Rocker2s) These are already one of my all-time favorite ski ! ! ! (Posted on 2/7/13)
- Gorgeous by D-Wreck
- Forgot to add that the graphics on these, and the ski as a whole, are easily one of the most beautiful skis I've ever seen. I almost felt bad putting my old, beat-up Dukes on them. Gorgeous! (Posted on 1/5/13)
- Super solid! by D-Wreck
- I mounted these up with Marker Dukes an inch forward from the recommend mounting point. They seemed too stiff at first, but with the soft, forgiving tips they balance out. Really reliable landing gear for big drops and fast lines. I could not find a top speed, and even at high speeds they respond very quickly. Step into these and get ready to CHARGE! (Posted on 1/5/13)
- RAMP Peacepipe | Ski Review by KYLER ROUSH
- I mounted my Peacepipes on RAMPs recommended mounting point with a pair of Look Pivots. The thing that struck me first was the seemingly absence of camber, only 12mm, where I was used to skis with much more. When I started to do the classic ski stiffness test my eyes lit up at how stiff of a ski the Peacepipe is. However it also has a softer tip to make the ski more forgiving in chopped up crud.
I have been skiing on my Peacepipes for several weeks now in all conditions that Mother Nature and The Great Ullr can throw at us with impressive results in all. The Peacepipes are built for speed and love to go fast. Even at high speeds on groomed runs they stay perfectly stable but will still initiate a sharp turn at your beck and call.
More detailed review here:
http://unofficialnetworks.com/ramp-peacepipe-ski-review-114432/ (Posted on 1/3/13)
- Perfect for crushing the Steep and Deep by @jstorrs
- Looking for the perfect ski for the Rockies? This is it! I have used mine now 10 days at Jackson Hole and have loved them. Weither you want to nuke down groomers or flow through a foot of fresh these have become my ski of choice. (Posted on 1/2/13)
- best pow ski by c_lodi
- My Peacepipes are my favorite Powder Skis! (Posted on 1/2/13)
- Solid/Burly/Responsive/ KILLER GRAPHICS by Ski Bum Poet
- http://www.skibumpoet.com/skiing/ramp-ski-review-peacepipes/ (Posted on 12/25/12)